Fri 02 July 2021
|Time||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
ARC Stockton, Daniel Bye and Boff Whalley present
These Hills Are Ours
by Daniel Bye and Boff Whalley
*ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE ADDED DUE TO DEMAND*
Do you ever want to run away from it all?
Dan and Boff did exactly that: they ran a series of routes from the centre of the city in which they found themselves, to the top of the peak overlooking that city. But what are we really running from?
In story and in song, These Hills Are Ours is the story of what they found out on those journeys. It’s about escaping it all by running to wild places. Escaping the city, escaping your past, escaping the restrictions of upbringing or class or politics. It’s a celebration of wild places and our freedom to roam them.
Daniel Bye’s award-winning, internationally touring theatre is always engaging, thought-provoking and entertaining. Boff Whalley, best-known as a founder member of Chumbawamba, writes heartfelt, catchy folk songs. This, their first theatre piece together, sees them moving into their most personal material yet. It’s a not-to-be-missed collaboration between two of Britain’s most celebrated artists in their own fields.
Co-commissioned by Beaford Arts, Eden Project, Lancaster Arts, Leeds Playhouse and Shoreditch Town Hall with support from artsdepot.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.