Fri 18 June 2021
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
Director: Maite Alberdi (Chile, USA, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, 2020)
Certification: PG | Documentary | 84 minutes | F-Rated
Cast: Sergio Chamy, Romulo Aitken, Berta Ureta
Language: Spanish – English Subtitles
Maite Alberdi’s The Mole Agent is a stylish combination of an observational documentary and a spy movie, with sleek camerawork and wonderfully watchable characters. It’s a unique meditation on compassion and loneliness that will infiltrate your heart and never let go.
Sergio is a Chilean spy. Sort of. At least, he is offered the role of one after a casting session organized by Detective Romulo, a private investigator who needs a credible mole to infiltrate a retirement home. Romulo’s client, the concerned daughter of a resident, suspects her mother is being abused and hires him to find out what is really happening.
However, Sergio is 83, not 007, and not an easy trainee when it comes to technology and spying techniques. But he is a keen student, looking for ways to distract himself after recently losing his wife. What could be a better distraction than some undercover spy action? While gathering intelligence, Sergio grows close to several residents and realizes that the menacing truth beneath the surface is not what anyone had suspected.
“The most heart-warming spy movie ever made…delightful” – Indiewire
With support from the BFI Film Audience Network (BFI FAN) awarding funds from The National Lottery.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble.
– If there are only spaces available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Café app to place any food and drink orders when in the café.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
– Film events are held on the first floor. We do have a lift, but are sorry to say that it’s too small to accommodate some larger wheelchairs. If you’d like to visit the building before an event to see the space, please get in touch.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306