Sat 12 June 2021
|Time||8:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
The Leylines are a west-country collective established in 2013, with a genre-defying, eclectic sound that ranges from traditional folk to full blown festival rock.
Founded by a group of musicians wishing to combine their individual musical styles into something that isn’t quite folk, sort of punk but 100% heart-pounding revelry. This unique sound, combined with lyrics centered around life on the road and the state of society, has launched the band into the heart of the live music community and made them firm favourites of the festival circuit.
The band released their debut album, ‘Along The Old Straight Track’ in June 2016, produced by Sean Lakeman, and the record has drawn strong comparison to the likes of The Levellers, Mad Dog Mcrea and Ferocious Dog, whilst remaining an album by a band who have forged their own sound and identity.
In the following years The Leylines went on the first of many national tours, and were booked for Glastonbury Festival 2017, where they performed six sets in as many days. They also played stages at Beautiful Days, Goldcoast Oceanfest, Something To Smile About Festival, The Godney Gathering and Big Feastival, as well as many other music festivals across the UK.Their second album Recover Reveal, was released in March 2019. Starting work on it almost immediately after the release of ‘Along The Old Straight Track, it was the result of nearly three years of honing and crafting, with a number of tracks crowd-tested at numerous venues and festivals across the UK. The result is a collection of sincere, straight-from-the-heart performances, constructed with care, played with passion.
With a fiercely loyal and growing fan base, they guarantee to have audiences up on their feet.
Their show at the Town Hall will be an intimate duo show, featuring guitarist/singer Steve Mitchell and violinist/pianist Hannah Johns playing all their hits and many more.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information…
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Cafe app to place any food and drink orders.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: email@example.com / 01225 774306.