Fri 11 June
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
Director: Rose Glass (UK, 2019)
Certification: 15 | 1h 24min | Drama, Horror, Mystery
Cast: Morfydd Clark, Jennifer Ehle
Language: English, Welsh
A bold and strikingly original psychological chiller, Saint Maud follows a young live-in nurse whose lonely life and religious fervour lead her towards an increasingly dangerous quest that is anything but holy. Heralding the arrival of a bold new voice in British cinema, first time feature director Rose Glass, and a breakout lead performance from Morfydd Clark, Saint Maud is a deeply unnerving must-see for film-lovers and adventurous horror fans alike.
Live-in nurse Maud (Morfydd Clark) arrives at the home of Amanda (Jennifer Ehle), a famous dancer now frail from illness and trapped in her grand, isolated house. At first Amanda is intrigued by this religious young woman, who provides distraction from her failing health. Maud, in turn, is bewitched by her new patient. But Maud is not all that she seems. She is tormented by a violent secret from her past and by ecstatic messages she believes are directly from God. She becomes convinced she has been sent to Amanda not simply as a nurse, but to serve a divine purpose. As her grip on reality slides out of control, Maud’s care turns into a deadly mission to save Amanda’s soul, by any means necessary.
★★★★★ “Maud, the newly God-fearing subject of Rose Glass’s electrifying debut feature, which establishes the writer-director as a thrilling new talent in British cinema”. Mark Kermode’s film of the week, The Guardian
With support from the BFI Film Audience Network (BFI FAN) awarding funds from The National Lottery.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble.
– If there are only spaces available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Café app to place any food and drink orders when in the café.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
– Film events are held on the first floor. We do have a lift, but are sorry to say that it’s too small to accommodate some larger wheelchairs. If you’d like to visit the building before an event to see the space, please get in touch.
Contact: email@example.com / 01225 774306