Sat 03 July
|Time||8:00 PM - 9:30 PM|
This event has been cancelled. We hope to have Molly back at a later date, but all ticket holders will be contacted and given a refund.
Molly Naylor makes her Trowbridge debut with an evening of poetry and spoken word, celebrating the launch of her acclaimed new book Stop Trying to be Fantastic. Funny, accessible, and moving; Naylor’s poetry has been featured on BBC Radio 3 and 4 as well as performed at festivals and events all over the world. She is also an award-winning scriptwriter, and co-wrote the Sky One comedy After Hours. Come and join her for a night of poems and stories guaranteed to make you laugh and remind you of the little things that connect us all.
‘Molly makes me laugh and her poetry makes my heart grow plumper and more confident. I love her words and her honesty.’ Sara Pascoe
‘Like all the best writers Molly Naylor makes it look easy. Here, in language as clear as a glass of water, are poems so intimately confessional we feel like intruders, and yet so generous, giving and warm we are honoured guests. Filled with hilarious observations on the minutiae of life, each revealing deep and personal truths, these are poems to return to over and over – and to share, share, share.’ Nathan Filer
“Naylor writes with a poet’s ear for rhythm and delivers with a stand-up’s comic timing” – Irish Times
“Brave, funny, tough and beautiful writing” – The Guardian
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306.
Image: Jess Morgan