Sat 26 June 2021
|Time||8:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
Ellie Gowers has been making an impression wherever she lands. Her music embeds a fierce energy that echoes the 60’s folk revival scene and she is known to hold pride of place on stage with her strong and lucent vocals. Her songs are built from a childhood love of literature and traditional folk song, but also discuss the more modern narratives of the present day. These influences fuse together to create a sound that has been deemed unique and incomparable.
In the last two years, Ellie has released the EP From Here on Out and followed that with her latest single Against the Tide which earned her a TEDx talk. These songs have been toured widely, both in headline shows and support slots for critically acclaimed artists. After the unpredictable circumstances that 2020 brought with it, Ellie found herself making good use of her time, beginning to work on projects she had only ever thought about. Collaborations were done with friends new and old, songs were written, a festival was played, and she was also included in the line up of the Filkin’s Drift Ensemble, covering Arthur McBride. Ellie enters 2021 with a brand new EP named Parting Breath, which was released in March.
“The absolute control and delicacy of her performance was amazing to watch”
“One young woman made a big impression on us this year. Ellie Gowers’ exquisite voice and unique vocal style was absolutely mesmerising. She’s one to watch.”
Love Shrewsbury on Shrewsbury Folk Festival
“Thank goodness Ellie doesn’t sound particularly like any other performer”
Hot Music Live
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Cafe app to place any food and drink orders.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306.