Sat 31 July 2021
|Time||8:00 PM - 9:30 PM|
Written by Florence Espeut-Nickless
Directed by Jesse Jones
“There sayin I brought it on myself.
Oh yeah, they’ve heard about me. Basically it must’ve been my fault cause I’m me, Destiny”
Destiny dreams big. She dreams glamour. She’s gonna be an MTV Base backing dancer, you watch. If J-Lo can make it outta the Bronx then Destiny can make it off the Hill Rise estate in Chippenham. She’s fearless, ferocious and up for the fight (she’s had to be). Born below the breadline, she’s desperate to see beyond the neighbourhood and find hope in hopelessness.
This semi-autobiographical monologue follows the story of a teenage girl growing up on a rural Wiltshire council estate. After a big night out takes a turn for the worst, Destiny’s life spirals out of control as she desperately tries to learn how to love and be loved.
Age guidance: 14+
Trigger warning: Sexual abuse and violence.
Length: 70 minutes (approx)
Florence is a writer / performer from Chippenham, a town with no theatre and limited access to it. She began her journey into theatre at Trowbridge College, studying Performing Arts. She writes for both stage and screen about / with working class communities in the Southwest in the hope to make the arts more accessible to everyone regardless of background and geographical location.
She is the 2021 Writer in Residence at Pentabus Theatre, an Open Session Writer at the Bristol Old Vic and an associate artist at Strike a Light, as part of the Let Artists Be Artists programme.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: email@example.com / 01225 774306.