Sat 24 July
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
We’re excited to reopen our new Court Room performance space with four nights of irresistible, Covid-secure cabaret. Squeezed in between some live music, comedy and theatre events across June and July.
Hosted and curated by the notoriously hilarious (her words) Emily Souper, you’ll be entertained with stand-up, performance art, spoken word, drag and live music. We’ll even throw in a few surprises along the way.
Our new bar will be open each night with beer, wine and soft drinks. Yes, Saturday nights haven’t been this much fun since… well, around middle of March last year.
So come along if you want to banish memories of zoom parties and experience again the joy of live performance.
SWINGLE TREE. Jassy and Ted’s wonderous folky duo, songs of the sea, lost loves, the ol’ canal, heart warming harmonies, luscious squeeze boxes, and toe tapping tunes.
FIRUZ OZARI. His humour is wicked quick, and his perspective is unlike any other. One of Bristol’s favourite up and coming comedians, the sharp, witty and occasionally bizzare Firuz Ozari who has been described as “Tajikistan’s best export (after vegetable oil).
TOM MARSHMAN has been showing off for 21 years, actively encouraging dialogue with participants through socially engaged processes such as ‘Tea Parties’, telling engaging, poetic & unpretentious stories. An overarching theme of that work is that of the outsider & their story, particularly regarding the LGBTQ+ experience, stories that have been omitted through archival silence.
STAN THE MAN is an old wise man from Essex, married to Maureen. He bloody loves having loads of new experiences, like lattes, and sharing them with everyone. Come and have a listen, a little sing song and a gander at his sock suspenders.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306.