Sat 10 July
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
We’re excited to reopen our new Court Room performance space with four nights of irresistible, Covid-secure cabaret. Squeezed in between some live music, comedy and theatre events across June and July.
Hosted and curated by the notoriously hilarious (her words) Emily Souper, you’ll be entertained with stand-up, performance art, spoken word, drag and live music. We’ll even throw in a few surprises along the way.
Our new bar will be open each night with beer, wine and soft drinks. Yes, Saturday nights haven’t been this much fun since… well, around middle of March last year.
So come along if you want to banish memories of zoom parties and experience again the joy of live performance.
KAT LYONS. Kat is a Bristol-based poet, storyteller, writer and performer.
FLORENCE ESPEUT-NICKLESS. Florence is a working class artist from Chippenham. She started her journey into theatre at Trowbridge College.
She’s a writer, performer, facilitator and theatre-maker. She makes work for both stage and screen about / with working class communities in the Southwest, in the hope to make the arts more accessible to everyone, regardless of background and geographical location.
DUNCAN CAMERON. It will take more than blood, sweat and ketchup to reunite this time-tested friendship.
Viva!!! fuses a spaghetti western revenge story with the high octane energy of Mexican wrestling delivering extreme stupidity you haven’t experienced before.
Duncan Cameron is an international performer and theatre maker from Canada who, after winning Gold in the national tournament of the Canadian Improv Games, went to study at international theatre school Ecole Philippe Gaulier, which has given him the opportunity to perform and create theatre all over the world.
RALPH LA WONG
Ralph Wong puts the chaos back into entertainment, taking a well-known story line and putting an original and humorous “spin” on it. He’s a parody of traditional Music Hall entertainment. Using his charm and wit, Ralph gets the audience to suspend their disbelief as he draws them into the magic of theatre.
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Cafe app to place any food and drink orders.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306.